Here in Oklahoma, now is the time to start getting your home ready for the winter. Rather than waiting until the temperatures really drop down, getting started now will offer you more time for repairs, replacements, and other services your home may need. One area that you don’t want to neglect on the maintenance to-do list is the soffit and fascia. These are the boards that run under and alongside most of the eaves on your roof. Making sure that these boards are in good condition will help to provide adequate protection to your home during the colder months. For more information about soffit and fascia replacement in Broken Arrow, OK, look no further than Prestige Roofing and Remodeling. Give us a call today at 918-259-0877 for more information.
What is Soffit and Fascia?
Most homeowners want to know if soffit and fascia are even necessary. The best answer we can give is, yes they are! Soffit and fascia are two boards that essentially seal a roof and a home from the outside elements. The soffit is the board that runs underneath the eave alongside the house. It’s the board that you may be able to see from the street, but you’ll notice it more if you are right next to the house. Soffit boards are often perforated for ventilation. They provide air circulation for roofing structures as well as air intake sources for the attic. This will help to keep the temperatures in your home better regulated.
The fascia, on the other hand, is generally more visible from the street. This is the board that runs parallel with the edge of the roof and the eave. It’s where your gutters are installed and the fascia board needs to be tough. It has to help hold up the last layers of the roof as well as handle gallons of water gushing through the gutters when the rain comes.
While many homes can get away with not having either soffit or fascia, it’s unlikely that every home could do that. The soffit and fascia installation cost is not nearly as expensive as you may think it is. And neither are gutter installation services, if you choose the right contractor. There is a right type of soffit and fascia installation that will work best for you and your home. For more information, rely on the contractors with Prestige Roofing and Remodeling.
Benefits of Soffit and Fascia
There are in fact several benefits to soffit and fascia. Many homeowners find them unsightly because of how quickly cheaper materials can deteriorate or become damaged. That’s understandable, but there is still a benefit to these boards.
- Protection from Elements: Both the soffit and fascia boards are your homes first line of defense against the weather. They prevent copious amounts of wind and rain from entering your home, causing damage and other problems.
- Protection from Insects and Rodents: These boards also help prevent rodent and insect infestations. Birds and other animals search for safe, quiet spaces to build damaging nests. If there is no soffit board, they could start building them in the rafters, which would end up being a big problem.
- Aesthetic: Soffit and fascia help to offer a finishing touch to your home. They fill gaps that could be unsightly or attract unwanted house guests. More than that, they can help the exterior of your home appear finished, polished, and ready for use.
- Energy Efficiency: The soffit board especially helps to regulate the inflow of air into your home, or at least into the attic. If there are large gaps or holes, an excess of air may be allowed to enter and leave your home, causing significant spikes in your energy bills. Schedule soffit and fascia repair and you may notice a decrease in the energy bills.
The best way to experience the most out of your home, your roof, and your soffit and fascia is to schedule regular maintenance. When you start to notice anything wrong with these boards, contact professional soffit and fascia installation contractors for immediate service. If you’d like to know more about soffit and fascia installation in Broken Arrow, OK, contact Prestige Roofing and Remodeling. We are the best in the business and we are here to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to install soffit and fascia?
- Generally, the sofft will cost about $20-$30 a linear foot to replace, while the fascia may cost about $15-$25 a linear foot to replace. The total cost will depend on how much linear footage is needed, how much needs to be replaced, the material, and more.
- What is the point of soffits?
- Soffit is used for aesthetic and structural purposes on a home. It is usually a perforated or vented board that allows for air circulation for the roof and gutters. Additionally, the soffit is needed to provide protection for structural beams of the roof.
- Are vented soffits necessary?
- No, vented soffits are not the sole means of air intake or release. If your roof already has adequate ventilation and air intake, there is no need to add more. Before you make the decision to go without vented soffits, though, check with a roofer to ensure that it will be a healthy decision for the roof.
- Is soffit part of the roof?
- Yes, technically soffit board is a part of the roof. It is generally installed where the eaves overlap with the roof. Soffit board is necessary for these structural reasons, but it’s also good for aesthetic reasons as well. It will help to keep your home and your roof looking good all year long.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
When you are ready to work with the best, dial 918-259-0877 for Prestige Roofing and Remodeling. We’ll gladly help you with any roofing need, including soffit and fascia replacement in Broken Arrow, OK. Give us a call today to get started.