What Type of Tile Roofing do You Want?
Tile roofing is just one of the many ways you can accent your roof to fit not only the structure of your house but also reflect your budget so you are not hurting your pockets in the long run. There are different types of tile roofing that fall into the tile repair that homeowners can choose from if that is something you want to invest in if you want a more historic and artistic feel to your home. Spanish roofing tiles are gorgeous brightly colored tiles that have grown in popularity over the years especially in the residential sector. Spanish homes have a specific type of structure that is unique on its own that compares to mosques and cathedrals. Prestige Roofing and Remodeling can assist you with tile roofing in Broken Arrow, OK, just call 918-259-0877.
Types of Tile Roofing
- Ceramic Tile Roofing the same as concrete tiles, can easily be broken or damaged if a roofer or anyone on the roof walks on it, long-lasting, European style of architecture
- Clay Tile Roofing heavy tiles, difficult to install the right way, a popular type of Spanish tile, rich in color, easy to maintain
- Concrete Tile Roofing inexpensive for repairs and maintaining your roof, its long-lasting, durable and is light but can be difficult to install in the long run
- Spanish Tile Repair Spanish Tile offers elegant and timeless beauty to your home, increasing curb appeal while also giving you the defense your home needs.
Other types of roofing that may not fall into the more European type of roofing that you may interest in are:
- Asphalt Shingles: cost-effective and probably the most requested in the country due to the fact that it can sustain any environment. Replacements or repairs generally start around the 20-year mark
- Stone Coated Steel: holds its own against wetter weather as it interlocks itself in panels and can have a lifetime warranty. Be sure to ask before investing in the warranty life of each roofing material
- Slate: it is expensive but lasts more than 100 years. It does crack easily and can be a hailstorms playground
Now it’s Time for Repairs
One reason for repairs especially repairs so early can be to improper installation from the beginning. Improper installation can lead to cracks in the tiles (since clay can easily be cracked in cooler weather or if stepped on the wrong way) which water can seep through the crevices. This is bad considering that compared to concrete tiles, clay does not absorb as much water so a cracked tile is just defeating the purpose of having clay tiles and can be costly.
Let’s Take a Deeper Look into the Tiles!
Ceramic or terracotta tiles are a specific type of European style of architecture that is popular in home roofing installation. This type of roof tiling is not suggested as a top layer due to it being fragile as well unless the structure it is being installed upon is very strong to hold its heavyweight. Clay roof tiles are heavy types of roofing materials. A roofing professional is especially equipped to handle the clay roof replacement after inspecting the roof. The characteristics are that concrete tiles are long-lasting, durable during heavy weather conditions and are very light but can be difficult to install in the long run. These concrete tiles give off a traditional Spanish vibe with its architectural structure. As you can see, installing tile roofing can sort of difficult one and requires a qualified installer who knows how to properly place each tile to provide not only excellent protection from the outside elements but to ensure that it will have little to no repairs in the near future.
Here at Prestige Roofing and Remodeling
For all of your tile roofing needs, Prestige Roofing and Remodeling has got you covered. We offer a huge selection of styles and materials to choose from. Our roofers take the time to help you find the right roof for your home so you get a beautiful roof that you can depend upon. If tile roofing is what you are interested in by installing for your new home or remodeling for your current home and want an updated appearance, give us a call at 918-259-0877 for your tile roofing in Broken Arrow, OK.