Cut Down Costs with a Flat Roof
Flat roofing is a popular option for many businesses and apartment complexes as a flat roofing system provides reliable protection and easy access for repairs, which helps cut down costs. If you are looking for flat roof installation or repair in Broken Arrow, OK, then look no further than the expert team at Prestige Roofing and Remodeling. Our dedication to superior design and integrity has made us a leading specialist in the roofing industry. You can receive a free estimate by dialing 918-259-0877.
Types of Flat Roofing
There are three major types of flat roof systems available.
Membrane or ‘Single-Ply’ Roofing
As the newest type of roofing system when it comes to flat roofing, membrane roofing provides unique protection that has been built on years of innovation. The most common type of single-ply membrane roofing is known as EPDM which is made from recycled rubber materials, making it environmentally friendly.
There are other types of membrane roofing systems, such as PVC and Neoprene. No matter which type of membrane roofing style you go with, you can guarantee you will be getting these benefits.
- It Encases Your Entire Roof, Leaving No Weak Spots
- Repairs Are Typically Easy and Inexpensive
- Has a Lifespan of 30-50 Years
- Is Wind, Fire, and Water Damage Resistant
- Typically a Lightweight Material
- Extreme Durability
Built-up roofing has declined in popularity since the introduction of bitumen and membrane roofing. Built-up roofing is built up layers of tar and gravel to create a strong roof that is highly resistant to impact and water damage. Here are the benefits of a built-up roof;
- Has a Lifespan of 10-15 Years With Correct Maintenance and Repair
- Comes in a Variety of Materials Such as Smooth Asphalt.
- Resistant to Water, Sun, and Wind Damage
- Low and Inexpensive Maintenance
- Repairs Are Typically Easy
- High Resistance to Impact Damage, Making It Durable Against Foot Traffic.
Modified Bitumen Roofing
Modified bitumen roofing was the solution to help solve the weaknesses of built-up roofing to create a hardier roof by adding cap sheets that improved on strength and durability. It also provides these other benefits;
- Uses Factory Applied Mineral Surface for a Stronger and More Consistent Application Process.
- Applied by Overlapping Rolls to Make a Seamless Shield
- Lower Installation Cost Than Built-Up Roofing
- Due to the Polymer Wear Layer, it Has Better Elasticity and Flexibility Than Other Roofing Types at Low Temperatures
- Low Maintenance
- Recyclable to Create a “Greener” Roofing Option
If you are looking to make a great investment for your roof and are interested in flat roof installation in Broken Arrow, OK then call your trusted team at Prestige Roofing and Remodeling by dialing 918-259-0877.